Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I am writing to refine my request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
- How many children (under 18) were taken into police custody during the night (i.e. any time between 11pm- 5am)?
- What is the the youngest age of a child taken into police custody at any time of day (and what offence had been committed)?
- What is the the youngest age of a child taken into police custody any time between 11pm-5am (and what offence had been committed)
- What is the highest number of occasions the same child has been taken into police custody at any time of day?
- What is the highest number of occasions the same child has been taken into police custody Any time between 11pm – 5am?
I would like the questions to be answered in relation to the last five years and broken down into 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18.
We received an email from you on 14th June 2018, asking for your request to be refined and the above is the information you now require.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as attached, with the below being noted when viewing the data.
When referring to the youngest child, this will be the youngest child within each financial year. Similarly the highest number of occasions the same child has been taken into custody is within the same financial year. The final question is a count of all occasions of the same child being taken into custody within that financial year between 11pm - 5am. This excludes any time the same child may have been taken in outside of the hours.