Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- How many police officers have tested positive for drugs in the last three years?
- How many police officers have been suspended after testing positive for drugs in the last three years?
- How many police officers have lost their job as a result of testing positive for drugs in the last three years?
- Which drugs have police officers tested positive for in the last three years?
Please provide answers in a yearly breakdown for the last three years (2015, 2016 and 2017). Here police officers includes PCSOs
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Professional Standards Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- During the last three years (2015, 2016 & 2017) through random, with cause, or criminal investigations, no Officers or PCSO’s have tested positive for drugs.