Do you want to know what's going on in your area?
NP Alerts 🚨 is a free messaging service brought to you by Northumbria Police for our communities.
By signing up to NP Alerts, you can decide how you are kept informed about the issues that matter to you such as...
- Crime alerts and appeals
- Neighbourhood news and events
- Rural policing information
- Safety advice
- Anti-social behaviour updates
Registering for NP Alerts is completely free and once you have signed-up, you can chose how you want to receive the messages and what you want to receive messages about. You can choose how we contact you by email, text or voice message.
NP Alerts replaces the previous community messaging service Your Northumbria.
To receive the latest crime notifications and community news happening in your local neighbourhood!
- This is a free and simple to use alert system, open to all ages and all areas of Northumbria
- This system is designed to help you get the information you want, the way you want it, by text, email or voice message
- You can register more than one address to receive updates about. E.g. Home location and work place
- You can choose the topics that interest you
- Get involved - learn about community groups, events or meetings happening in your area
- Manage your account online – you can change what information you receive and unsubscribe at any time if required
- The information you provide is secure and confidential and your details will not be passed on to any commercial organisations
No, subscription to NP Alerts is free!
Log in to your NP Alerts account and click on the page ‘My Location’.
Here you will be able to amend any personal preferences and edit your personal details.
Once you have pressed ‘Save’, your details will then be updated.
You may wish to cancel your account with NP Alerts at any time by logging into your account and clicking 'Delete My Account' otherwise click unsubscribe at the bottom of a email you receive from NP Alerts.
Alternatively you also have the option to update your subscription preferences using the ‘My profile’ page. Here you will be able to modify your settings, alter the types of messages that you receive and change your preferred communication channel.
These emails/alerts are not confidential and you may be able to share the information you receive. In addition, you may wish to encourage friends and family to sign up to NP Alerts so they can get involved and receive instant messaging alerts.
Yes to register or log on to the system, you will need to have access to the internet. Alternatively you may wish to get a friend or family member who does have access to register for you.