Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I would like to request the following information for Northumbria Police, since 2018:
1. The number of Police Officers and Police Staff who have failed drug tests.
2. The number of Police Officers and Police Staff who have tested positive for androgenic-anabolic steroids (AAS) including designer steroids, prohormones and designer prohormones. Such as, but not limited to, the ones listed below:
[Name of steroid (Brand names)]
• Boldenone undecylenate (Equipoise)
• Fluoxymesterone (Halotestin)
• Mesterolone (Proviron)
• Methandienone (Dianabol)
• Methenolone enanthate (Primobolan)
• Methyltestosterone (Virilon)
• Mibolerone (Cheque)
• Nandrolone decanoate (Deca Durabolin)
• Nandrolone phenpropionate (Durabolin)
• Oxandrolone (Anavar, Oxandrin)
• Oxymetholone (Anadrol)
• Stanozolol (Winstrol)
• Testosterone cypionate (Depotest)
• Testosterone enanthate (Andro-Estro)
• Testosterone propionate (Testex)
• Trenbolone acetate (Finajet)
3. The number of Police Officers and Police Staff who have been discharged from duty due to a failed drug test.
4. The number of Police Officers and Police Staff who have been discharged from duty due to testing positive for AAS.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Professional Standards Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
Professional Standards Department records have been checked from 1 January 2018 till 8 November 2022 for Police officers and Police staff that have failed a drug tests. The result of those checks are as follows:
1. 1 x police staff.
3. 1 x police staff.