Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Please kindly provide me under the FOI act:
All the cases dealt with (or still being dealt with) by your Professional Standards Department of domestic abuse allegedly perpetrated by police officers, PCSOs and other police staff employed by your own force. I would like this information for the last three years up to and including the present day (2nd May), broken down by year.
For each case please tell me:
1. The type/category e.g. conduct, complaint
2. The type of employee e.g. officer, PCSO, other staff
3. The specific behaviour or offences alleged (please ignore 3 if you can't give this information)
4. The outcome e.g. no case to answer/the type of discipline or sanction (e.g. dismissed without notice, management advice etc)/the outcome of criminal proceedings (e.g. convicted, trial ongoing)
5. Whether the case was referred to the IOPC (formerly the IPCC)
You then clarified ‘past 3 years’ as the three years up to 2nd May 2018, so from 3rd May 2015 to 2nd May 2018.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Professional Standards Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as attached.
To note point 3 has not been included as the requested specific behaviour or offences alleged are not recorded in a manner that is currently accessible within the time constraints and therefore to avoid Section 12 being applied to your whole request this point has been disregarded as per your comments.
FOI 484-18 - Misconduct