Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
From 01/01/2016 to 25/06/20
- How many complaints have been received in the past five years relation to alleged racial discrimination by officers/staff?
- Have any been upheld? If so, how many?
- Can you please provide details about each upheld complaint (ie the nature of complaint, date committed, number of officers involved etc)
- In each case where a complaint was upheld, what action was taken against individuals concerned?
- How many allegations of racial discrimination were referred to the IOPC in that time period.?
After we sought clarity you advised you wanted information regarding complaints made by both members of the public and by fellow officers.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Professional Standards Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- 14/12/2017 Whilst off duty and intoxicated, made racially offensive comments. One officer involved.
- Dismissed without notice.