Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Between Jan 1 2018 and Dec 31 2022, how many police officers faced disciplinary action for having a sexual relationship or sexual contact with:
• A suspect
• A witness
• A victim
• A person in custody
2. What form did the disciplinary action take? For example, did the officer receive an informal warning, a formal written or verbal warning, suspension, dismissal, or a police investigation?
3. The gender of the officer and their rank
4. The gender of the other person involved
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Professional Standards Department (PSD) of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
The information provided has been taken from records held within PSD.
As per this submission, the officers included in this data attended their discipline hearing between the date parameters requested. It is not the time of the incident being reported.
1. 7 officers faced disciplinary action for having a sexual relationship or sexual contact with:
2. All were dismissed
3.Male. Rank - Police Constable