Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I would like the information to be broken down by calendar years.
- The number of account freezing orders issued since 2017 - both combined and broken down by year
- The number of cases using account freezing orders that have resulted in a prosecution since 2017 - broken down by year
- The total amount of money / value of assets frozen by the force as a result of Account Freezing Orders - broken down by year (each year since first introduced)
- The amount of money / returned when Account Freezing Orders have been discharged / cases were not pursued since 2017 - broken down by year
- The amount of money / value of assets returned when Account Freezing Orders have been lifted / cases were not pursued since 2017 - broken down by year
- The number of times account freezing orders have been challenged / number of cases brought against the force concerning this issue since 2017 - broken down by year
- How many of these cases have been successful / resulted in the account freezing order being overturned since 2017 - broken down by year
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Crime Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
All information as of 17 August 2021
1. 9 account freezing orders. (Please note this is freezing orders in 9 cases. It does count every order made in each case):
2019 – 2
2020 – 3
2021 – 4
2. If this point if referring to criminal prosecution – 0.
2019 - £55,291.69
2020 - £35,061.00
2021 - £51,305.44
4. This seems to be the same question as Q5 below.
5. 2020 - £15,061
6. 8 cases challenged. No cases brought against the Force to our knowledge.
7. None – although one order allowed to expire.