Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
“I write requesting data regarding Police call-outs following reports of anti-social behaviour. The callouts I'm interested in specifically are those related to accomodation properties owned by organisations registered as either Registered Providers (by the Regulator of Social Housing), Community Interest Companies (by the Companies House register), or as a Charitable organisation (by the Charity Commission). Would you provide information specific to:
1. Number of Police call-outs in response to reports of anti-social behavior at properties owned by:
1. a) Organisations registered as Registered Providers by the Regulator of Social Housing
1. b) Organisations registered as Community Interest Companies by the Companies House register
1. c) Charitable organisations registered by the Charity Commission
2. Number of Police call-outs in response to reports of domestic violence at properties owned by:
2. a) Organisations registered as Registered Providers by the Regulator of Social Housing
2. b) Organisations registered as Community Interest Companies by the Companies House register
2. c) Charitable organisations registered by the Charity Commission
3. The average (or total) resource cost to Northumbria Police / per callout in response to a report of anti-social behaviour.
if available the cost specific to properties relevant to my definitions of 1/2(a), (b), (c)”
On the 16 March 2022 you provided us with the following information:
Regarding your request for more specific location - could you provide the relevant information for the following addresses:
- 2-3 Toward Rd, Sunderland, SR1 2QF
- Sunniside Court, 1-2 Tatham St., Sunderland SR1 2QJ
- Watts Moses House High St E, Sunderland SR1 2BX
- Poplar House, 65 Tatham Street, Sunderland, SR1 2QJ
Apologies also for my lack of clarity regarding the periods I was looking for this information. For each address shown above, could you supply the relevant information for the calendar years: 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows with all the below noted.
- Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
- The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
- The data is for all incidents recorded at the locations specified and should not be taken as involving residents living there.
- The information has been presented in a way which avoids the use of exemptions being applied to withhold and will not be broken down further.
With all the above noted I respond as follows.
3. No information held. Dealing with such matters forms part of an Officers normal day-to-day duties and as such is not collated/costed.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.