Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Please provide the number of arrests where the suspect's job title was listed as either ‘door staff’ or ‘security guard’ along with the locations and dates (day, month, year) in which these incidents took place, starting from January 2015 to May 2020.
Please provide the number of instances in which the police have been deployed to a nightlife venue in Newcastle city in response to proven, or suspicion of, drug possession and the outcome of their deployment, i.e. caution, arrest, detainment. Please also provide the locations and dates (day, month, year) in which these incidents took place, starting from January 2015 to May 2020.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
When reviewing the figures the below should be noted:
- Not all arrests are for committed offences, for example, an arrest may be for the safety of the person until the danger they are in has subsided.
- It should also be noted that the occupation is not a mandatory field and that the field does not hold a historic record of the occupation. The occupation field will have been accurate at the time of completion but this could relate to a crime either before or after the crime it is attached to in this data.
- Just because the Occupation of the suspect has been recorded, it does not follow that the arrest was due to that occupation.
- This question relates to the whole force area.
- The following location types were looked for where the offence was classified as 'drug - possession': Public house, Nightclub, Club and Bar. Those premises where the location type is Club have been checked and those that are not considered to be nightlife venues have been excluded.
- It should be noted that where drugs have been found as a result of another matter, this will not have been recorded as an attendance by the Police and therefore will not be included in the resulting dataset for question 2.
- This question relates solely to Newcastle, as requested.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would expect that you to take into consideration the factors highlighted above so as not to mislead members of the public or official bodies or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.
With all the above in mind I am able to disclose the located information to in the attached document.
Arrest Data - 1126/20