Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
For the period 23/3/20-23/4/20 how many incidents of child abuse were
- How many investigation were launched
- How many arrests made
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows with the below caveats noted:
- In order to provide a response to this request all incidents marked with the sexual offence opening code have been reviewed to see which meet the criteria of 'child abuse'.
- All sexual incidents and rapes for the time period requested were downloaded and read through. Those included are those where the victim could be identified as being under the age of 18 years at the time of the offence, and were deemed to be child abuse.
- Some of the incidents included are historic, and may include incidents where the children involved were consenting but due to their age are considered to be child abuse.
- A single incident reported may lead to multiple incidents being created due to multiple offences.
- The data may include incidents of paedophile hunters where the victim is a decoy.
- The incidents included will include the offence of 'Take, permit to be taken or to make distribute or publish indecent photographs or pseudo - photographs of children.' The people in the photographs may not be known to the injured party but are still included as 'child abuse'.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would expect that you to take into consideration the factors highlighted above so as not to mislead members of the public or official bodies or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.
With all the above noted I respond as follows.