Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. How many child on child sexual assaults have been recorded by Northumbria Police between 2015 to date? Please provide a breakdown by each year, by gender and in the following age ranges: Under 10, 10-14-years-old, 15-18-years-old.
2. How many of the recorded sexual assaults have been female on male? (Please provide in a yearly and age range breakdown)
3. How many of the recorded sexual assaults have been female on female? (Please provide in a yearly and age range breakdown)
4. How many of the recorded sexual assaults have been male on male? (Please provide in a yearly and age range breakdown)
5. How many of the recorded sexual assaults have been male on female? (Please provide in a yearly and age range breakdown)
6. How many of these recorded sexual assaults have resulted in a prosecution? (Please provide a yearly breakdown)
7. How many of these recorded sexual assailants took place on school grounds? (Please provide a yearly and age range breakdown)
After we sought clarity you confirmed that you wanted under 18s as opposed to those aged 18
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
Data has been collated through a search of all crimes created between 01/01/2015 and 22/06/2018 classified as a 'sexual offence' where the offence description contains the word 'assault.'
Crimes have only been counted if a DOB for a suspect and a DOB for the victim have been recorded. I have provided a breakdown by year of crime created and by ages of the victim and suspect (at the time the crime was committed). Note the age breakdown may not equal the number of offences as there may be more than one suspect per crime.
To answer question 7, I have counted any crime where the location of crime has been completed as 'college' or 'school premises.'
With the above in mind, I am able to disclose the located information to you as attached.
For question 6, please see below
2015 – 27
2016 – 16
2017 – 7