Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- I would like you to provide me with the total number of fines issued to people who have breached quarantine rules after returning from a trip abroad (to a country not on the UK’s travel exemption list) between 1/03/2020 and 14/08/2020.
- I would like the total sum of each fine given, and I would like the data on fines to be separated out according to the English Local Authority area in which the fine was issued.
- I would like you to provide me with the total number of employees within Northumbria Police who are responsible, through carrying out "spot checks", for enforcing quarantine rules on travellers returning from countries not on the UK’s "air corridor" exemption list, whether this task forms the entirety of their responsibilities or is part of their existing duties.
- If applicable, I would like the number of employees whose sole duty is to carry out these spot checks separated out in the data from those employees who have other responsibilities alongside this task.
- If applicable, I would also like the number of employees tasked with the aforementioned enforcement duties separated out according to the English Local Authority area in which they are responsible for enforcement.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
2. No information held. Monetary value of fines issued are not dealt with by Northumbria Police.
3-5. All frontline employees will have responsibility for carrying out spot checks where they believe quarantine rules are being breached. This responsibility would fall in line with their everyday delivery of law enforcement.