Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Please could you provide a list of crimes recorded in the last 2 year financial period 2016/17 and 2017/18 involving:
1. The phrase "takeaway" or "takeaways" in the crime address or MO notes.
2. The phrase "kebab" or "kebabs" or "grill" in the crime address or MO notes.
3. The phrase "chicken shop" or "fried chicken" or "morelys" in the crime MO notes, OR "chicken" in the crime address notes
4. The phrase "curry" or "curry house" or "indian takeaway" in the crime address or MO notes
5. The phrase "takeaway" AND "chinese" in the crime address or MO notes
6. The phrase "pizza", or "italian takeaway" in the crime address or MO notes
7. The phrase "fish and chips" in the crime address or MO notes
8. The phrase "burgers" or "burgers" in the crime address or MO notes
For each crime, could you provide the month & year reported, the sector for the address, the offence type, any injuries, and whether any arrests made.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
The data has been downloaded from the Central database using the Crime, Injury and victim tables. Each of the keywords provided was searched for in the access query and the analysis has been carried out on the resulting dataset.
There will be duplicates in the analysis where more than one search category exists in the MO of a single crime.
With the above in mind please see the attached.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would expect that you to take into consideration the factors highlighted above so as not to mislead members of the public or official bodies or misrepresent the relevance or accuracy of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.
FOI 595-18-Crimes at takeaways