Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Could you please disclose all the incidents that have been reported at the following venues since January 1 2014.
* For Your Eyes Only (8 Grainger Street)
* Blue Velvet (20 Dean Street)
* Some Like It Hot (38 Moseley Street)
* Diamonds (32 Grey Street)
2. For each incident, please disclose the date it was located and for which venue.
3. Also, please disclose the incident log as it was reported to the police, with any identifiable aspect redacted (i.e. Male customer claims dancer offered him sex for money inside Diamonds. Customer refused)
4. Also, please disclose what action the force took over each respective incident
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
To note, some sentences will end mid-sentence due to the fact that there are only the first three lines of the description included. We have provided as much information as we can to cover your request in order to avoid exemptions being applied, namely Section 40 - Personal information.
You should also note that some incidents may be recorded under the premises locations, but the incident actually happened outside or nearby and have no connection to the premises other than it being a point of reference for location.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would expect that you to take into consideration the factors highlighted above so as not to mislead members of the public or official bodies or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.
With the above in mind, I am able to disclose the located information to you as attached.
FOI 300-18 - Crimes Lap dancing - Summary