Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- What were the total number of dog theft crimes in 2021 (monthly breakdown if possible)?
- What was the outcome (charge/summons, community resolution, active investigation, evidential difficulties, no suspect identified) for each dog theft crime in 2021?
- How many dogs were listed with each dog theft crime in 2021?
- If this question doesn't take us beyond the time required for free FOI feedback, can details about stolen dog breed, gender, age and location of theft (walk, home, garden, outside shop, from car etc) also be provided for 2021 please?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you with the following caveats noted:
- Dog breed, age and gender are not routinely held so they have been presented exactly as held by us.
- It is possible that some related to a civil disagreement, rather than a theft.
1 – 4. Please see the document attached.
Dog theft - 005/22