Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
For all questions please find data from January 2017 to July 2019
- How many domestic abuse victims from the LGBT community have reported abuse more than once?
- How many of the above cases were taken to court?
- How many domestic abuse victims from the LGBT community reported domestic abuse by partner?
- How many of the above cases, at point 3, were taken to court?
- How many domestic abuse victims from the LGBT community died as a result of domestic violence?
- How many LGBT domestic abuse victims were at high risk from their domestic abusive partner?
- How many domestic abuse victims not from the LGBT community reported domestic abuse from their partner
- How many of the cases at point 7 were taken to court
- How many domestic abuse victims reporting domestic abuse in the specified time period (January 2017- July 2019 ) were homeless?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested in relation to the LGBT community is not held by Northumbria Police, as we do not record whether the victim is from the LGBT community.
In order to provide you with some assistance in refining your request the information that we may be able to provide is the following:
- The number of victims who have reported abuse more than once (providing the abuse related to an incident where the victim and offender are the same gender).
- The number of Domestic Abuse victims where the incident involved a victim and offender of the same gender and the relationship is recorded as partner or ex-partner.
- The number of Domestic Violence homicide crimes.
- We could only provide the number of Domestic Abuse cases where the victim and offender are different genders and the relationship status is recorded as partner or ex-partner (i.e. those not reported in 1).
If this would be useful to you, you may wish to submit a refined request as detailed above.