Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- Can you confirm whether your force gives suspected victims of domestic abuse replacement phones if theirs have to be seized?
- If you have adopted this policy – when did you start it? How many phones do you have available to give to victims?
- If you have not adopted this policy, do you intend to adopt it? When would this be?
- If not, why have you chosen not to adopt it?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Safeguarding Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- Not as a matter of course, each individual case would be assessed on the need of the victim and other factors relating to the seizure.
- 2018 - 143 units.