Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. the number of officers assigned to specialist roles supporting domestic abuse/violence victims in each of the last five years
2. the number of arrests made for domestic abuse/violence in every month so far this year (2020)
3. the number of arrests made for domestic abuse/violence in each of the last five years
4. the budget in each of the last five years for any specialist domestic abuse/violence unit that the force may have
5. the amount spent on training police officers in supporting domestic abuse/violence victims in each of the last five years.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with various Departments of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held, in part, by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. Within Safeguarding department we have many roles that are considered specialist and that support Domestic Abuse/Violence victims; however they also support a broader range of victims in addition, not linked to Domestic Abuse/Violence.
The below totals represent the totals for Safety Planning Sgts and PCs which are roles dedicated exclusively to Domestic Abuse/Violence.
Year 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020
Total 12 11 13 11 12
2. Data correct as of 30 June 2020:
3. Data correct as of 30 June 2020:
4. No information held. The force’s budget is not specifically broken down to individual areas such as specialist domestic abuse/violence.
5. No information held. Northumbria Police has delivered a range of domestic abuse and violence related training inputs to all officers over the previous five years. All of these inputs have been designed and delivered internally. The internal costs associated with this training have not been recorded separately.