Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. The total number of domestic violence offences recorded by your police force per day for June and July 2018. (- up to 15th July)
2. The total number of domestic violence offences recorded by your police force per day for June and July 2014.
3. The total number of domestic violence offences recorded by your police force per day for June and July 2010.
4. For each of these three timeframes, the breakdown of the victims' gender.
5. For each of these three timeframes, the breakdown of the victims' relation to attacker.
6. If possible, the total number of domestic violence offences recorded per year that were documented as related to England football matches.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as attached.
To note we are taking it that point 6 relates to the time frames given in the previous questions.
A keyword search was used to ascertain those crimes that may have been linked to England football matches. The keywords used were 'England' and 'football'.
These searches brought back no results.
While we do see an increase in the number of number of reports of domestic abuse during the summer months, there is no evidence to link these specifically to when England play. What we do know is that excessive alcohol consumption has been proven to be a factor in many cases.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would expect that you to take into consideration the factors highlighted above so as not to mislead members of the public or official bodies or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.
FOI 693-18 - Domestic violence