Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Please can you tell me for each day in these date ranges (including start and end dates): 25th March – 12th May 2019 and 23rd March – 10th May 2020
- How many reports of domestic violence the force received?
- Of these reports, what gender was the complainant: male, female, trans, non-binary?
- Of these reports, what gender was the accused: male, female, trans, non-binary?
- Of these reports, what was the complainant’s age?
- Of these reports, what was the accused’s age?
- Of these reports, what ethnic background was the complainant?
- Of these reports, what ethnic background was the accused?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
To note - We do not record the gender as trans or non-binary, merely male and female and where the gender is unknown a 'U' is recorded.
With the above noted please see the attached.
Domestic Violence Stats - 1246/20