Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. Can you please tell me the number of drink-spikings reported to you in 2018 so far – as of 24/09/18
2. Of these, can you please tell me the number of drink-spikings reported in each of the areas in your force in 2018 - North Tyneside, Northumberland, Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland and South Tyneside.
3. How many arrests have been made in connection with these drink-spikings?
4. How many charges were brought in connection with these incidents?
5. What was the outcome of these charges?
Could you answer using the following search terms?
"Search terms used were – the means code of "SPI" (Drink Spike) and the Home Office Codes 005/10 (Administering poison so as to endanger life) 008/02 (Administering poison with intent to injure or annoy) and 088/05 (Administering a substance with intent)."
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. & 2.
North Tyneside 3
South Tyneside 3
4. & 5. None