Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1) How many drone-related (ie unmanned aerial vehicle, or small unmanned aircraft-related) crimes have been recorded by your force in each calendar year between 1st Jan 2014 and 28th Feb 2019? Please exclude thefts of drones.
2) Of those recorded crimes, for each calendar year, how many have involved a possible threat to aircraft safety? Should this require a free text search, please use the terms:
Drone, UAV, unmanned aerial vehicle, unmanned aircraft, airfield, airport, airspace, air traffic, plane, helicopter.
3) How many arrests for drone-related offences has your force made in each calendar year between 1st Jan 2014 and 28th Feb 2019? Please exclude thefts of drones.
4) Of these arrests, for each calendar year, how many related to a possible threat to aircraft safety?
5) Where an arrest was made, what was the outcome? (eg charged, released under investigation, no further action etc)
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1, 2017 – 5
There are no others that fit the criteria of this request.