Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
My request concerns the number of domestic violence protection orders being handed out and breached by people in the Northumbria Police area.
1) In the last 3 years, how many times has a Domestic Violence Protection Order been handed out by Northumbria Police (2015, 2016, 2017)?
2) How many times has a Domestic Violence Protection Order been handed out by Northumbria Police in the year 2018? (to date)
3) In the last 3 years, how many times has a Northumbria Police 'Domestic Violence Protection Order' been breached? (2015, 2016, 2017)
4) How many times has a Domestic Violence Protection Order been breached in the year 2018? (to date)
5) For each breach, please detail the outcome e.g fine / warning?
6) In cases where a fine has been handed out for breaching a DVPO - what was the value of the fine?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
2015 – 206
2016 – 146
2017 – 355
2018 – 53 – up to 28/02/18
2015 – 12
2016 – 12
2017 – 29
2018 – 2
2015 2016 2017 2018
Charged 8 6 5
DV Protection notice 1
Escort to Court 4 5 22 2
6. This information needs to be sourced from the courts.