Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Please provide information relating to incident logs between 01-Jul-2019 and 28-Jun-2021 where keywords 'electric scooter' , 'e-scooter' or ‘escooter’ are found in the initial incident detail of your force's incident recording system.
Please provide the information as listed below as far as possible:
- Incident Year
- Incident Month
- NSIR offence category (for example, Transport)
- Incident location (Local authority area preferably)
- NSIR offence subcategory (for example, RTC - serious injury/death)
- Offence recorded text (for example, dangerous driving, theft etc)
- Summary text of incident (whatever is easily retrievable and does not need to be individually reviewed)
- Crime outcome
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you within the attached document.
E-Scooter Incidents - 1016/21
FOI 1016-21 E-Scooter Incidents.pdf