Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- The total number of e-scooters seized on roads by this police force, broken down by month since January 2018
- The total monetary amount collected in fines from e-scooter riders, broken down by month since January 2018
- The total number of e-scooters seized on roads since January 2018, broken down by lower-tier local authority.
- The 5 streets with the most e-scooter seizures in this police force area since January 2018, and how many people were stopped at each
1. During the period 2018 and 2019 we did not uplifted any E scooters.
During 2020 we uplifted 1 E-scooter and this was in June.
For the period 1 January to 30 June 2021 we have uplifted 12 E scooters:
January - 1
March - 2
April - 2
May - 2
June - 5
2. No information held. You may wish to direct this part of your query to the Courts to see if they can assist.
3. No information held. We do not uplift E scooters on behalf of Local Authorities.
4. No information held. There is no requirement for us to record this information therefore it is not held.