Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- How many incidents of possession of extreme pornographic images (as per Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008) were recorded in your force between 1st April 2015 and 31st March 2017? Please break down by year (1st April 2015-31st March 2016 AND 1st April 2016 – 31st March 2017) and provision as follows:
- An act which threatens a person’s life – s63(7)(a)
An act which results, or is likely to result, in serious injury to a person's anus, breasts or genitals s63(7)(b)
An act which involves sexual interference with a human corpse – s63(7)(c)
A person performing an act of intercourse or oral sex with an animal (whether dead or alive) – s63(7)(d)
An act which involves the non-consensual penetration of a person's vagina, anus or mouth by another with the other person's penis, or an act which involves the non-consensual sexual penetration of a person's vagina or anus by another with a part of the other person's body or anything else. 63(7)(A) as amended by Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015
2. How many of these incidents led to a charge? Please break down by year and provision as above; and
3. For the incidents that led to a charge, please provide the following aggregated information on the offenders for each offence category (e.g. s63(7)(a) and so on, as above):
1. Offender gender
2. Offender ethnicity
3. Offender age group (16 and under, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 and so on up to 100 and over)
4. For how many of these (charged) incidents was a separate offence of any nature recorded at the same time/during the course of the investigation for each offence category (e.g. s63(7)(a) and so on, as above):
2. Any sexual offence
3. Non-domestic burglary
4. Domestic burglary, household theft/personal property
5. Other theft
6. Criminal damage
7. Drug offences
8. Any other type of offence
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
With the below in mind, I am able to disclose the located information to you as attached.
The data was obtained from the central database using the HO codes to identify these specific offences. The data was then read through where necessary and linked incidents identified.
FOI 173-18 - Extreme pornographic image - Summary