Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Data of hate crime from 2017 to 2019
- What type of groups are recorded
- what percentage of the data are they?
- As a force do you include subcultures such as goths into hate crime?
- If so, what percentage of hate crime data has been recorded for this subculture.
- If the force does not include subcultures within hate crime, why is this?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1 The following characteristics are recorded as per the legal definition of hate crime:
- Sexual orientation
- Transgender identity
In addition, the force has flags for the following:
2 No information held. That is not recorded information.
5 No information held. There is no recorded information held on this.