Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I am making the following request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI).
Please could you tell me:
1. The number of homicides recorded by the force between the 1st of April 2012 and the 31st March 2022 which were flagged as hate crimes.
2. Of the homicides flagged as hate crimes, the breakdown of these by strand of hate crime, i.e.
- Sexual orientation
- Transgender identity.
(As necessary, please show were more than one hate crime was flagged).
For each homicide, please could you separately provide the following:
3. The date of the homicide.
4. The hate crime flag(s) attached to the homicide.
5. Whether the homicide was charged as murder or a manslaughter.
6. Whether the victim was known to the suspect and relationship type i.e., neighbour, friend, acquaintance, stranger etc.
7. The victim and suspects characteristics:
- Ethnicity (both police recorded and self-reported)
- Sexual Orientation.
8. Where there was more than one suspect, please provide:
a. The total number of suspects for each case.
b. A return for item 5 for each suspect.
9. Charging decision (yes/no).
10. Criminal justice outcome (convicted/ acquitted).
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is not held by Northumbria Police. We can find no information that meets the criteria of your submission.