Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
For the last three calendar years (2016, 2017 and 2018) and for January and February 2019. Please could you provide:
- The number of incidents reported to police of an under 18 in possession of a knife (article with a blade or point) in school or on school property. For each offence, please detail:
- the age of the pupil reported to be in possession of the knife
- the type of knife (ie. kitchen knife, sword)
- The number of people under 18 arrested for crimes involving knives reported on school grounds. Please give a breakdown of each incident by:
- The age of the person arrested.
- What the knife was used for (ie. Stabbing)
I am able to disclose the located information to you as attached.