Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
For each year since 2013, including 2019 so far if possible, please provide details of:
- How many missing persons cases have been investigated in each year
- How many of those missing persons were under the age of 16 when they went missing (per year)?
- How many missing persons Investigations have been closed unsuccessfully over the last five years – ie Closed or unresolved without finding the person or body
- How many of these cases are still active as in there is still an active case and effort to find the missing person?
- How many of these resulted in the missing person being a victim of murder/homicide?
- What is the youngest missing person each year and detail whether they are active or closed.
- If closed, please detail the outcome - whether found or death etc.
After we sought clarity you then confirmed that points 3-7 related to point 1.