Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- Is your force using currently, or has it previously used, mobile fingerprint technology as initially trialled by West Yorkshire Police (outlined here https://www.gov.uk/government/news/police-trial-new-home-office-mobile-fingerprint-technology)?
- How many times have members of your force used this technology to scan people's fingerprints?
- How many times has a use of this technology resulted in a match using the IABS database?
- How many times was further action taken as a result of a match against the IABS database?
- How many times did a match using the IABS database result in a referral to the Home Office or other immigration enforcement action?
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is not held by Northumbria Police.