Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
In relation to the years, April 2016-March 2017, April 2017-March 2018 and April 2018- March 2019, I require the following information,
- The number of homicides recorded by Northumbria Police involving victims in age categories 65-74 and 75+
- A breakdown of the gender of the victims identified above.
- A breakdown of the apparent method of killing for each victim identified above.
- A breakdown of the relationship of victim to principal suspect for each victim identified above.
- The number of victims killed by "negligence and abuse" if any,
- The location of each "negligence and abuse" homicide if any.
With regards to the following data it should be noted that the age has been calculated using the earliest possible date that the offence could have been committed from (Date From field.) Also whether a crime should be included within this count has been based on the date that the crime was created (Date Created field.)
It should also be noted that the information has been presented in such a way as to not attract relevant exemptions under the act and will therefore not be broken down any further.
- During the period specified there has been 1 homicide recorded specific to your request. The victim was 75+ years of age.
- The victim was male.