Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1) What date did you start Operation Encompass?
2) As part of Operation Encompass how many calls has your force made to schools about domestic abuse incidents at home since you started the scheme ?
3) As part of Operation Encompass how many calls have you made to schools about domestic abuse incidents at home between September 2017 and end of July 2018?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Safeguarding Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- Operation Encompass was commenced in South Tyneside in January 2016, and was rolled out across the force throughout 2016 and was completed in all six Local Authority areas by February 2017.
- No information held. As part of the partnership agreements the force send information to the Local Authorities, not direct to the schools.
- No information held for the reasons outlined in point 2.