Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act on police action taken regarding sex work offences.
More specifically, I am requesting the following information:
For each calendar month in 2019 and 2020:
- Arrests made regarding the offence of loitering and soliciting
- Arrests made regarding the offence of keeping a brothel
- Arrests made regarding the offence of assisting in the management of a brothel
- Closure Notices issued regarding the offence of keeping a brothel
- Prostitute Cautions issued
- Civil orders issued - for example Criminal Behaviour Orders, Public Space Protection Orders and Engagement and Support Orders - regarding the offence of loitering and soliciting
On the 7th September you stated:
Just as a point of clarification, I am hoping to get the above data for all brothel keeping offences. I hope I have correctly identified them for you in my previous email, but if this helps, they should including the following home office codes:
024/19 keeping a brothel used for prostitution
107/01 keeping a brothel
107/02 letting premises for use as a brothel
107/03 tenant permitting premises to be used as a brothel
107/04 tenant permitting premises to be used for prostitution
107/05 keeping a brothel for homosexual practices
107/06 letting premises for use as a brothel for homosexual purposes
107/07 tenant permitting premises to be used as a brothel for homosexual purposes
107/10 other brothel keeping offences
142/14 permitting licensed premises to be used as a brothel
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is not held by Northumbria Police.
There have been no such offences recorded and therefore response to all is negative.