Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
86/2 Take/make/distribute indecent photographs or (S) pseudo-photographs, of children
86/10 Possession of an indecent or pseudo-photographs (S) of a child
86/11 Possession of extreme pornographic images - (S) an act which threatens a person's life
86/12 Possession of extreme pornographic images - an (S) act which results, or is likely to result, in serious injury to a person's anus, breasts or genitals
86/13 Possession of extreme pornographic images - an (S) act which involves sexual interference with a human corpse (necrophilia)
86/14 Possession of extreme pornographic images - (S) person performing an act of intercourse or oral sex with an animal (dead or alive)
86/15 Possessing prohibited images of children
86/16 Possess an extreme pornographic image portraying (S) rape
86/17 Possess an extreme pornographic image (S) portraying assault by penetration.
Please provide the following information in relation to young people (aged 17 and under) who have been reported for each of the above crime between 1st July 2016 and 30th June 2018:
- How many young people were arrested for the crimes listed above?
- How many resulted in no further action?
- How many were resolved using outcome 21?
- How many resulted in an informal Out of Court disposal i.e. Youth Restorative Intervention
- How many resulted in a Youth Caution or a Youth Conditional Caution?
- How many proceeded to Court?
- How many investigations are ongoing?
- What is the average length of investigation?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- No information held. We do not collate/hold the average length of investigations.