Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
With reference to S67 of the Serious Crime Act 2015 which serves to insert a new section 15A into the Sexual Offences Act 2003 making it illegal from last year for an adult to send a sexual message to a child:
1) How many times a man has been arrested under this law?
2) How many times a woman has been arrested under this law?
3) How many times a man has been charged and what sentence did he receive?
4) How many times a woman has been charged and what sentence did she receive?
5) What method of communication was used in each instance? Ie. phone, Facebook, xbox etc
As per your email dated 13th March 2018, you made an amendment to questions 3 and 4, and said the following. Please note a FURTHER amendment to questions 3 & 4 to omit the part of the question that asked for court information.
3) How many times a man has been CHARGED?
4) How many times a woman has been CHARGED?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
3. 4 charged
4. Nil charged
Facebook messenger – 5
Mobile phone – 2
Snapchat - 1