Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- The number of sexual offences recorded by your force on school premises in the last five academic years 2015-2019 (where the last academic year is up to and including the month of July 2019) committed by persons aged under 18 against other under 18s.
- Of these sexual offences, how many have been recorded as rape?
- Of these recorded rapes, how many have resulted in prosecution?
- Of these recorded rapes, how many have resulted in no further action?
- Of these recorded rapes, what are the ages and gender of the victim and perpetrator?
- Within the same search parameters as question 1, could you provide the nature of the sexual offences not recorded as rape e.g. up-skirting, voyeurism etc.
- In these cases, what is the age and gender of victim and perpetrator?
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
The data provided includes all months of the year and may include offences that have occurred at times when the school was not open.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would expect that you to take into consideration the factors highlighted above so as not to mislead members of the public or official bodies or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.
With the above noted I can advise 28 offences have been recorded where both the victim and offender have been identified and they are both under the age of 18, and where the location was recorded as being on ‘school premises’.
These are outlined in the attached.
Sexual Offences On School Premises - 1008/19
FOI 1008-19.pdf (1)