Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
For the period covering the period of 01 May to 31 August 2021.
1) On how many (unique) occasions did your force apply for a Stalking Protection Order or interim Stalking Protection Order over this period?
Please can you breakdown this information in terms of the total number of Stalking Protection orders applied for; the total number of interim Stalking Protection orders applied for; how many of these orders were exclusive to cases of so called ‘stranger stalking’ and how many were related to a domestic abuse, or 'other' context.
2) Could you also please confirm how many of the identified stalking protection orders/interim orders your force applied for over the requested period were granted?
3) Can you also break down the information by the age and gender of the person the order was intended to protect (i.e. the stalking 'victim') and the age/gender of the 'stalker'.
4) Over this time period, how many Stalking Protection Orders were breached? How many interim Stalking Protection Orders were breached?
5) What was the average length of time (in days) it took for your force- upon notification of a breach occurring- to arrest a person who, without reasonable excuse, breached a Stalking Protection Order on an interim Stalking Protection Order?
6) What was the longest length of time (in days) it took for your force- upon notification of a breach occurring- to arrest a person who, without reasonable excuse, breached a Stalking Protection Order on an interim Stalking Protection Order?
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
|1st May - 31st August 2021|
|1. Application For Order||1|
|Full Stalking Protection Order Granted||0|
|Interim Protection Order Granted||1|
|2. Stranger Stalking||0|
|3. Victim Gender|
|4. Victim Age|
As there were no breaches during this period, there are no responses to questions 5 and 6.