Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. How many reports have there been of stolen agricultural equipment. Please can I get an annual breakdown from 2018 to 2023 (so far).
2. What was the value of these stolen items of equipment, can I also get the annual breakdown of these figures.
3. Can I have a breakdown of the items that were stolen each year. E.g quadbike, rotavator, etc.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as attached with the caveats below noted .
• The data has been taken from systems using the Crime and property apps where the location was recorded as 'Farm'.
• Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
• The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
Stolen Agricultural Equipment - 1065/23
FOI 1065-23 - Stolen Agricultural Equipment.pdf