Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- How many incidents have been reported to your force of thefts being carried out in Churches or on church property from July 2019-to as close to present as possible?
- If possible please could you clarify how many of the thefts recorded relate to lead being taken from the church roof?
- How many incidents have been reported to your force of vandalism being carried out on Churches/church property from July 2019 to as close to present as possible?
- How many incidents have been reported to your force of physical/ violent assaults being carried out in Churches or on church property from July 2019 -to as close to present as possible?
Note - If it is the case that ‘church’ is not logged as a location, please do include search to contain log of ‘religious building/s’.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows, however the following caveats should be noted:
- Please note that as 'church' is a searchable location it has been used and no other religious buildings will have been included.
- The date range is from 01/07/2019 to 26/08/2020.
- The MO’s have been reviewed to find those crimes that were specific to your request.
- Criminal damage offences have been used to obtain the response to question 3.
- Question 4 only includes assaults where physical violence has been used (threats of violence have not been included).
Bearing the above in mind please see the below: