Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I am requesting information in relation to tool thefts from vehicles in your area over the last five years (1st September 2016 - Current Date, 8th September 2021)
- How many crimes of theft from a vehicle where ‘tools’, ‘tool’, ‘tools power’ or ‘tools sundry’ were recorded as stolen has there been in the last five years (1st September 2016 - Current Date, 8th September 2021) - across the annual year and broken down by month.
- How many of these cases resulted in a police charge?
- How many of these cases resulted in tools being ‘recovered’ or ‘returned to owner’?
- Please also specify which tools were declared as stolen if possible.
- Please break down the above information into cities/towns in the area.
However, the following caveats should be noted:
- The following types of offence were taken into account in order to provide the data requested:
- Theft From Other Vehicle
- Theft From Motor Vehicle
- Theft From Vehicle
- Theft Conveyance Other
- Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
- The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
- If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.
Tool Thefts - 1212/21
FOI 1212-21 - Tool Thefts.pdf