Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I’m writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act to obtain the following data please for November 2018 and December 2018:
1) How many weapons were seized from pupils on school grounds
2) Can you give details of the type of weapon please? For example, knife, gun, blade?
3) Can you give the age of the youngest offender, what type of weapon they were caught with and what year it was?
4) How many children, aged 16 or under, were arrested after being caught with a weapon at school?
5) Could you give details of all of the outcomes of the investigations in relation to the figures given in question 1) please
6) How many knife related crimes on school grounds were recorded
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is not held by Northumbria Police as there have been no such instances for the time period requested.