Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- How much money does the force receive annually as apprenticeship levy?
- What has that money been spent on?
- How much of this levy has the force been returning per year, over the past three years?
- How much of that money is the force planning to spend on PEQF, if any
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Finance Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held in part by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- The Force has utilised the following amounts from its digital apprenticeship levy account;
· 2017/18 - Nil
· 2018/19 - £118,301
· 2019/20 - £895,438
2.The majority of funds utilised from the digital account have been for the delivery of police officer apprenticeships, but there has also been a portion to fund a variety of staff apprenticeships.
3.Within the digital apprenticeship levy account, funds are available for 24 months before expiring. A small amount of the fund expired in 2019/20 that related to 2017/18 levy (£86,546.78). It is intended that we will fully utilise all apprenticeship levy funds going forward.
4.To answer this question we require further clarity as to what money this question relates to and what time frame you are asking for.