Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. What is your IT budget for FY 2018? Please provide a total budget, as well as a breakdown of how much budget will go towards each of the below:
a. Maintenance of current IT infrastructure
b. Investment in digital transformation*
c. Third-party management of IT infrastructure
(*By digital transformation, we mean any large-scale technological projects which aim to create efficiencies within your specific police force.)
2. Which tools or systems* do you currently use to collaborate with other police forces and partner agencies? Please list all of these below
(*By tools or systems, we mean software-specific collaboration tools such as email, unified communications solutions, shared databases, video conferencing technology etc.)
3. Do you have any plans in place to adopt a cloud-first strategy over the next 1 – 5 years? If so, how much do you plan to invest in this?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the ICT and Finance Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. Approved capital budget 2018/19 is £16,384,000
a. Investment in digital transformation from the approved programme £4,067,000
b. Investment in digital transformation from the approved programme £3,947,000
2. Skype, Email, Egress, national systems
3. We have a strategic intention to move towards a cloud first strategy but only when the solution provides a better or more cost effective solution. There are no plans in place at present.