Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. The total amount of money spent by the force on LGBT Pride-style paint jobs on police patrol vehicles from January 1, 2017 to July 3, 2020?
2. How many vehicles have received the paint jobs in that time?
3. And of that figure, what are the vehicles - how many are patrol cars, motorbikes etc?
4. Also, can you please tell me the total amount of money spent on any other kind of Pride livery during the period from January 1, 2017 to July 3, 2020?
5. Of that figure, how many items of livery were designed in that time?
6. And what were the items - were they badges, lanyards, and things like that?
7. Also, how was all of this funded - did it come out of the force's budget?
We sought clarification of point 5 as per “Where you ask “Of that figure, how many items of livery were designed in that time?” Could you please clarify if this is just referring to the cars/motorbikes? Or is it for other types of items as well?”. To which you provided the following as clarification: “The other items, such as lanyards etc. I do also want the cars/motorbikes figures too as set out in the previous question please.”
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Finance, Fleet and Corporate Communications Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. A total amount of £2,913.55 (net of VAT) was spent purchasing and fitting LGBT “Pride” livery to vehicles in that time.
2. Livery was fitted to three vehicles – initial fit to two, then initial fit to another new vehicle when one of the two was withdrawn and replaced.
3. All vehicles fitted are Neighbourhood Policing Team vehicles.
2016/17 - 1,488
2017/18 – 3,772
2019/19 - 543
2019/20 - 189
2020/21 - Nil*
* to 03/07/20
5. No info held. We do not hold a figure at this point.
6. Items purchased were Uniform sliders, laces, magnets, stickers, lanyards, flags, backpatchs, and T shirts.
7. All purchases were made from within the Force's own budget.