Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please provide me with records of all money which has been awarded or given in any form to the Tyne & Wear Anti Fascist Association (TWAFA). This organisation may also be found under pseudonym Tyne & Wear Anti Fascist Coalition (TWAFC).
Please provide these records in the following form:
- A) A total, all-time figure of how much money has been provided to the organisation; and
- B) An annual breakdown of this all-time figure, detailing:
- the nature of the money provided, i.e. grant, loan .etc, and for which purposes the money was provided by Northumbria Police or any affiliated organisations/individuals; and
- the annual sum of money provided in relation to the nature above; and
- the department or individual responsible inside Northumbria Police or affiliated organisation/individual for signing off this money; and
- the point of contact in the Tyne & Wear Anti Fascist Association for both communicating and receiving this money;
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Finance Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is not held by Northumbria Police.
As you had not provided a search period over which to conduct any searches, we have searched back to 2012/13 financial year, as we are only obliged to keep financial records back 6 financial years, plus the current financial year, and our response reflects that time period only. As such I can advise that Northumbria Police have not made any payments to the Tyne & Wear Anti Fascist Association (TWAFA) or Tyne & Wear Anti Fascist Coalition (TWAFC).