Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- Please tell me how many police officers took an annual fitness test in 2018
- Please give details of what the annual fitness test involved
- Please tell me how many of these police officers failed the annual fitness test in 2018.
- Please tell me how many of these at point 3 were male and how many were female
- Of those at point 3 please provide a breakdown of ranks.
- If it is recorded, please tell me how police officers employed by your force have a BMI of a) 25 - 29.9 and b) 30 or above
- Please tell me how many police officers had their employment terminated for being overweight or obese in each of the following years: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. If possible, for each case, please tell me the officer's a) sex b) weight c) BMI d) rank.
2. The baseline annual fitness test for Police Officers is the Bleep Test or Chester Treadmill Walking Test
For non-specialist roles, Officers are required to attain:
Bleep Test: 15metre shuttle run to Level 5.4
Chester Treadmill Walking Test – brisk pace walk (6.0km/hr) on the treadmill. Every 2 minutes the gradient is raised by 3%. Target time is 10 minutes.
4. 7 Male and 21 female
5. 1 Inspector, 1 Sergeant and 26 Constables
6.No information held. This is not routinely recorded