Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
- How many police officers started a period of (a) maternity leave (b) paternity leave in 2018/19 financial year.
- How many police staff employees started a period of (a) maternity leave (b) paternity leave in 2018/19 financial year.
- Your police force’s policy on maternity and paternity leave for police staff employees.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Peoples Services Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
- In the 2018/19 financial year 18 Officers started a period of Maternity leave and 0 Officers started Paternity leave
- In the 2018/19 financial year 9 Police Staff started a period of Maternity leave and 0 Police Staff members started Paternity Leave.
- The forces prodedure on Maternity and Paternity leave can be found attached
Paternity/Maternity Leave - 045/20
FOI 045-20 Paternity Leave and Pay.pdf
FOI 045-20 Maternity Procedure – Police Officers and Police Staff.pdf