Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. I would like to request the structure of your current police officer recruitment process, and the order in which the stages progress.
2. Could you also please include whether the stages are being run inside of force, or outsourced to other organisations (which organisation is not important).
3. Could you also include if those stages are designed internally, or if you have used external consultants or agencies to assist with their design (again, which companies are not important).
1. Police officer recruitment process is as below:
a. Recruitment engagement event;
b. Application form;
c. Eligibility sift;
d. College of Policing (CoP) National Sift;
e. CoP Online assessment Centre;
g. Conditional offer;
h. Pre-employment checks (medical / vetting / drug testing / biometric taking);
i. Final offer;
j. Course induction;
k. Course start / onboarding.
2. Everything apart from the National Sift / Online assessment centre is ran in Force.
3. National Sift / Online assessment centre and interviews are designed by the College of Policing. Additionally, our application form is based on the national application form.